My photo
Somewhere along the banks of the River Thames lives a small group of Mice and Bunnies...they are brightly coloured and believe in food, tea parties and hot summer days. They are the Briesberry Mice and Carrotby Bunnies and wish to welcome you to their colourful world...

Wednesday 3 February 2010

New Arrivals!

Look what arrived in my in-box recently...








I want one! Isn't that just the cutest thing? I feel some hedgehog related art coming on...

Speaking of new arrivals, I'm very proud because I have finally, finally got round to creating a new animal for Nat's Nest, introducing: Russell, the Fox Bandit...





When I lived in London I saw a lot of urban foxes prowling around at night, so Russell is based on them. He is actually a Vegetarian Fox though, because otherwise the little mice would be all eaten up by now! I'm not sure if I'm going to create any more foxes just yet. Squirrels are next on the list, then Easter Bunnies (I've got some yellow velvet and beautiful printed cotton just for them) . And some painting , and , and...

Sometimes I feel I have so many ideas I just don't know which one to start on first - I'm sure you feel the same way sometimes too (but of couse this is preferable to those days when you feel so uninspired and want to lie in bed watching TV and eating cereal). Heres to all the creative days to come - lets hope they are good ones!

5 comments:

Pink Milk on Wednesday, 03 February, 2010 said...

How cute is your hedgehog?! I never realised they were quite so adorable! Those ears! I want one too.

Russell is very dashing, I rather like him! I love the sound of your Easter bunnies.

My mind is fizzing at the moment as well; is it this time of year ... spring and new beginnings ..?

Hx

dawn on Wednesday, 03 February, 2010 said...

I can't quite believe how a pic of a little hedgehog can create such an overwhelming feeling of love in a person, but it just did, thanks for sharing, I was just about to call it a night, and you have made me smile :)

Russell has also made me smile, a bandit fox is a great idea! I can't wait to see the squirrel too, I just adore them, some people call them vermin, but I shout 'NAY!'

Hazel on Thursday, 11 February, 2010 said...

That hedgehog is so cute!
I know what you mean too about having so many ideas you don't know where to start - sometimes I wish I could split myself in two to get everything done! Wouldn't it be great if we could even the ideas out so you didn't have some days with too many ideas and other days when you didn't know what to do. :)

Teasemade on Saturday, 13 February, 2010 said...

how have only just seen mr fox bandit he is fanfoxtastic!!! LOVE his tail, i have foxes snoozing in my london garden all the time during the day, cheeky things, i like them but they are naughty.

Anonymous said...

I keep the 3rd hedgehoggy pic pinned to my desk at work as part of my 'happy place'. It never fails to cheer me up!

Russell is absolutly fab! I love him x

Post a Comment