My photo
Somewhere along the banks of the River Thames lives a small group of Mice and Bunnies...they are brightly coloured and believe in food, tea parties and hot summer days. They are the Briesberry Mice and Carrotby Bunnies and wish to welcome you to their colourful world...

Friday 29 January 2010

Folksy Friday : Eggs!

Okay, now I know its not Easter yet but recently I've been reading Bill Oddies 'Little Black Bird Book' (I'm not a birdwatcher - I just found it in a charity store and loved the little illustrations) Its quite a funny read - even if you don't understand the bird terminology (which I don't) , but Bill talks about how he used to collect eggs as a child and of course this is very rightly illegal now.

So I thought it would be good to celebrate the beauty of eggs in this collection of work from some very talented Folksy sellers.... (and not a sticky chocolate in sight!)




This sweet house decoration reminds me of Joseph Cornell's boxes, I like to think the little bird has just flown away (but will be on her way back) - and don't worry the egg is not a real one!




This unusal ring can be customised to include an 'egg' for each of the recipients children, awww!




I'm convinced eggs do have a secret language and chat away between themselves when our backs are turned...



For a stylish dippy egg and soldiers....



These two birds are rightly protective of their special blue eggs.




Simply stunning recycled silver necklace. Each one handcrafted and slightly different...

You may also like these other selections....

3 comments:

Cakes Knits and Cosies on Friday, 29 January, 2010 said...

How unusual - I love your selection, especially the little egg cosies, Lynne xx

dawn on Friday, 29 January, 2010 said...

I love the nest ring, although I'm not sure what I could wear it with! Loving the nest egg necklace too, so simple yet so original. I can see myself gravitating towards Folksy in future, so many pretty things to look at!

Thanks for the follow and comment, nice to know I'm not talking just to myself, that could have made me quite dotty!

ColeAndJosephine on Tuesday, 02 February, 2010 said...

I really love eggs and all of their different varieties. There are so many different shapes, sizes, and colors. And so many different spots! Very nice eggy finds!

Post a Comment