My photo
Somewhere along the banks of the River Thames lives a small group of Mice and Bunnies...they are brightly coloured and believe in food, tea parties and hot summer days. They are the Briesberry Mice and Carrotby Bunnies and wish to welcome you to their colourful world...

Sunday 17 January 2010

Magic Animations

Over Christmas I was chatting on Folksy to Lilyvanilli (who has a fantastic Folksy store - check it out!) who gave me an idea to create some mice stop - motion animations. I have some ideas for this and I’m very excited about it as I’m a very big fan of animation… I’m not entirely sure when I will get round to it though as I have so many ideas buzzing around in my head right now!

Sometimes I feel like movies can be too close to reality, and depressing, like movies about illness or missing children, which is why I love children’s films or animations…

Animation gives us a chance to escape reality, to go back to childhood, to imagine and to dream. I love all the bright colours and detail….


Recently I saw ‘Up’ , which my friends mum brought back from the US (its not released on DVD here yet). And I loved it , its sweet and sad and funny and is very pretty visually. Oh and it has cute taking dogs :)

Anyway, after taking to Lily I was looking around on you tube for cute animations. I found this one called ‘Draw with me’ that I want to share … its very sweet and sad. I love the drawings and the starlights around them. Its by the very talented Mike Inel and you can see more of his work on deviantART here.
 





Oh and the Valentines mice are having some finishing touches sewn onto them... due to be unveiled soon!

4 comments:

ColeAndJosephine on Tuesday, 19 January, 2010 said...

That was so good. Thanks for sharing it. I can't wait to see your animations! I think they'll be great.

Thank you for the very nice comment about my artwork. It made my day. : )

dawn on Tuesday, 19 January, 2010 said...

"Point" - "Squirrel" Sorry, whenever anyone mentions up, that is all I can think of.

Thank you for sharing that animation, it was beautiful. I would quite like to try stop motion animation at some point, although I have been saying that for a while now.

Loving your mice!

Vixanne on Wednesday, 20 January, 2010 said...

You have a crochet hair bow, heart brooch and mystery gift with your name on over at Alexandra's Wishes! Could you email me your address so that I can send you the goodies from my give away? Thanks! vixanne@hotmail.com

Pink Milk on Thursday, 21 January, 2010 said...

Just a quick note to let you know that I have featured your gorgeous Yua Valentine Mouse (and the extra cheese) on my blog today.

Hope okay! :-)

Heather x

Post a Comment