My photo
Somewhere along the banks of the River Thames lives a small group of Mice and Bunnies...they are brightly coloured and believe in food, tea parties and hot summer days. They are the Briesberry Mice and Carrotby Bunnies and wish to welcome you to their colourful world...

Saturday 2 January 2010

When it Snows my Toes get Cold...



‘’Welcome back winter once again
Put on your warm fuzzy sweater
Cause you’ll feel much better when


The snowflakes fall gently to the ground
The temperature drops and your shivers
Freeze all the rivers around
But I keep you warm’’

Owl City - The Tip of the Iceberg






I was snowed in this morning, again, big, thick flurries greeted through the window as I put the kettle on for morning tea. (I’m sluggish and find it very hard to move without morning tea)


The view from my attic window looked like this… the sky all moody with the light trying to break through…




Why does everything look so much better when it snows? Its like fairy dust over the earth.





I slipped  slid walked to the supermarket to get supplies but finding the queues huge decided against food for the moment. I think there are tins of random things in the cupboards… must investigate (also I think its possible to survive on Christmas chocolate) !


The boiler has broken in the house at the moment so its freezing and I think the hamster has gone into hibernation along with the mice…

Still, the snow is ever so pretty…
 

2 comments:

SpoiltPig Jewellery on Sunday, 03 January, 2010 said...

I know what you mean, everything is gorgeous when the snow's down. Maybe because it hides some of our man made flaws and the mist disguises towerblocks! The only downside being the attempting to walk on ice thing but still, if you don't need to get anywhere then it's lovely!

ColeAndJosephine on Monday, 11 January, 2010 said...

It looks so lovely when it snows, but now it's all melting and looking so gross. It makes me sad to see all of the pollution muddying up the snow...

I love your tights!

Post a Comment