My photo
Somewhere along the banks of the River Thames lives a small group of Mice and Bunnies...they are brightly coloured and believe in food, tea parties and hot summer days. They are the Briesberry Mice and Carrotby Bunnies and wish to welcome you to their colourful world...

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Behind the Scenes....



''Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark''
Author Unknown


I'm a nosy person...I love a little peek at other peoples studios now and then! I love Etsy's Open Studio Tours and Handmade Video Portraits because you get to see behind the scenes of other artist's creations. Very often I get studio envy as my studio is little more than a desk! *sigh* If you have never watched them before I advise you to check them out, but I warn you in advance - it is entirely possible to become addicted and waste many, many hours!

So anyway here is a little peek at my desk studio!









It is a little messy but I have to say that is about as organised as I get ! The lovely knitted blanket in the foreground is for my cousin's (soon to be born) baby and I may just do another blog post on how I made it. I'm so excited about the baby - I haven't had a little person to cuddle since my sister was born 9 years ago!

Here is my lovely inspiration wall ....



And some sketchbook pages...










Hope you enjoyed that - and liked the little quote at the top - I'm a big collector of quotes as they all get written down in my diary and I thought it would be nice to share some in my blog posts!

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to my followers as I've had a few new ones lately... and especially those of you who comment, its reassuring to know I'm not chatting away to myself :)

4 comments:

ColeAndJosephine on Wednesday, 27 January, 2010 said...

I loved seeing your sketchbook!

dawn on Wednesday, 27 January, 2010 said...

I love your studio! You have more than me, I have the settee, and I get in the way a lot! And alas my sketchbook doesn't look anywhere near the standard of yours, mine is full of scribble! Love that calendar too :)

Pink Milk on Wednesday, 27 January, 2010 said...

Ooh, I love to get a glimpse into people's houses too (I'm often found walking our dog at that 'dark enough to put the lights on but not dark enough to shut the curtains' time so I can peer in)!

Your sketchbook is beautiful; the colours in your watercolour are stunning.

Happy cuddling when the baby comes. There is nothing quite so heavenly as that new baby smell.

Hx

Hilary on Wednesday, 27 January, 2010 said...

thanks for posting these on the CBuk flickr group too - I'm definitely going to use one!

The blanket is great too, your little cousin will cherish it I'm sure :o)

Post a Comment